PELs (Post Event Letters / Summary Letters)
[ Player PEL | Between
Event Skills | In-Game Letters | Cast/NPC
PELs (Post Event Letters), aka Summary Letters, are one of
the tools of communication that Plot Staff of Cottington Woods uses to stay
informed of what players and cast did during an event. Much as we keep asking
the Faeries to grant us all-seeing-powers, we can't be everywhere at once and
see all the wonderful things you are doing or schemes you are hatching.
Your PEL is your chance to tell us
* what you did
* what you are planning on doing
* what you liked and didn't like
* pass along some NPC praise
They also earn you CP, if you submit them before the deadline.
PELs are always due 2 weeks after the Sunday of an Event.
You can still submit PELs after this deadline (and we strongly encourage you
to submit one!), but you will not receive CP for it.
Please send all PELs to PEL@cottingtonwoods.com.
You do not need to follow the form below, though the form are the types of
things and information we as Plot Staff would like to know and receive about
your event. We know some people enjoy writing in-game journals or letters or
other such things; you can submit that instead as your PEL, or write bullet-point
answers to the questions and add your in-game journal/letter/etc at the end.
PLAYER PEL: (click
here to get to the form)
1. What did you do this weekend? Are these the types of things you'd like to
be involved in in the future?
2. Are you expecting staff to followup on anything that happened this weekend?
3. What are your character's goals? What actions have you taken or plans made
to achieve them?
4. Do you as a player have goals for your character that your character may
not be aware of?
5. Do you have plans for next event that aren't captured above that staff should
be aware of?
6. Were there any NPC characters you particularly liked, or would like to interact
with again? This is your chance to pass along some praise (which we then pass
along to our Cast), as well as inform staff of who you enjoyed interacting with.
7. Did you place Influence on the Merchant Board? If yes, what did you place
it on and how many Influence tokens? What was your character's intent when placing
the influence on the spot they placed it?
8. Did you receive any new Traits, Inflicts, Imbues, Boons or Curses during
the event? If so, what were they?
9. Did you assist with cleanup? If so, what did you do?
10. Did you turn in donations? What did you turn in, and to whom/where?
Optional but we'd love to know:
11. What are your character's fears? Insecurities, hates, etc? What and/or who
do they care about most? What are their aspirations and motivations? Have these
things changed? What has changed if they have?
12. Who are your characters friends/allies? Enemies? Have you made new ones
13. Were there any roleplaying encounters/moments that you want to share with
14. Do you have any feedback on the game? Is there something you'd like to see
that is not currently there? Any problems you had that you feel we should address?
15. Are there any stories and/or themes you'd particularly love for us to "twist"
into a Cottington Tale or explore in the course of the game?
16. Do you have an In-Game Journal, Notes, or other things you'd like to share
with us? Where is your character's headspace currently at?
17. Any other comments/feedback:
Please submit your PEL using the PEL Form,
or send to email@example.com
We know some people like to use Google Documents to keep their PELs. Google
Docs are fine, but we ask two things:
- Please ensure that if you share the Google Doc, you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the doc in the body of the email. (Check off "Paste the item itself
into the email")
- Either make email@example.com an editor so they can add other plot
staff members to the doc to read it, OR change the doc permissions so that
Anyone with the Link can access the doc.
There are several skills in the game that allow you to take actions between
events to gain additional information or influence the game in some fashion.
These skills must be submitted for use by the PEL deadline of 2 weeks
after the event.
You may submit Between Event Skills using the Info
Skill form here.
Letters: can be submitted with the Info/Between Event Skill form, or can be
submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put "Letters" somewhere in the subject of the email if sending
separate from your PEL).
Our Letter Policy:
You may also submit Letters if you are writing to NPCs between events. There
is no guarantee that a letter will reach its destination (or won't be intercepted)
or that you will receive a response, unless you have an appropriate skill that
guarantees a response. As Plot only has so much time between events, we kindly
ask that you don't send us twenty different letters -- or that if you do, you
tell us which one or two you want most to reach its destination/have a response.
Sending Letters will cost in-game money for letters being sent to non-local
NPCs. Over the winter, the town merchant, Geoffrey Hamille, will be establishing
the courier service in Cottington Woods and will responsible for this going
forward. Again, there is no guarantee going through either service that the
letters will reach their destination or a response will be given, though generally
letters sent through Courier service will arrive where intended. But anything
Remember that most games with which we have an exchange offer additonal CP
for writing an NPC PEL. And they are important for us, as Staff, so we know
what happened during roles, how plotlines moved along, and what follow-up the
PCs might be expecting, as well as what roles you enjoyed and want to play again.
The deadline for PEL Submission is two weeks after an event.
NPC PEL (click
here to go to the PEL form)
1. What happened in the roles you played?
2. Did anything happen that you believe requires follow-up? Is there a direction
you would like to take that follow-up?
3. What, if any, are the goals or unfinished business of the NPCs you played,
and what actions did you take towards those goals? What actions do you want
4. Did you get enjoyable roles? Which were your most favorite? Are there any
you'd like to recur?
5. Is there any kind of role you'd like more of or less of next event? (Specific
types of roles, or a different balance of RP/combat, etc.)
6. Were there any roleplaying encounters/moments that you want to share with
7. Any other comments or feedback?
8. Where would you like your CP to go?
9. Did you assist with cleanup? If yes, please describe what you did for cleanup.
Please either use the PEL Form, or send all
PELs to PEL@cottingtonwoods.com.